Certificate Course in
SOUND REINFORCEMENT FOR PLACES OF WORSHIP (SPW)
Nature of the SPW course:
The Certificate Course in SOUND REINFORCEMENT FOR PLACES OF WORSHIP (SPW) is offered by the Sruti School of Liturgical Music, Kottayam. The Programme is designed to inculcate in students valuable insights into the basics, principles and concepts used in sound reinforcement. SPW is a six months certificate course designed to equip students to efficiently and effectively operate sound systems in places of worship.
• To define sound in 3 perspectives.
• To learn in-depth the 7 wave form characteristics.
• To have a basic idea of electrical concepts from the audio perspective.
• To understand the concepts of decibels.
• To have an in-depth understanding of the digital domain.
• To understand the classification of microphones based on design and pick up pattern.
• To understand the types of loudspeakers and their working principle.
• To have a basic understanding of a mixing console used in the sound reinforcement scenario.